Yaesu - FTA-550L
The Yaesu FTA-550L is packed with features, yet very affordable. Boasting an oversize full dot matrix LCD display, the FTA-550L Airband Transceiver provides full communication on the Aircraft communications Band and additionally provides VOR and ILS navigation features on the "NAV" band. The FTA-550L includes NOAA weather band monitoring and the capability of programming up to 200 memory channels with a quick and easy channel recall feature. The brand new easy to operate menu system is icon driven making it simple to navigate through all of the powerful features this transceiver has to offer. Additionally the FTA-550L can easily be reprogrammed in minutes using the optional PC Programming software and the supplied USB programming cable.
Now Meets MIL-STD-810F
The FTA-550L has now been tested and complies with the Military Standard MIL-STD-810F. Similar to commercial Land Mobile radios, all current Yaesu Airband Transceivers have been tested for durability against Low temperatures, High temperatures, Shock, Vibration, Dust and Rain, ensuring many years of rugged use.
ILS Navigation (Localizer)
Course deviation based on the received localizer singal can be clearly viewed on the CDI display. The superior visibility aids in the landing approach during bad weather conditions.
When the FTA-550L receives a VOR signal, the display automatically switches to the NAV band screen and shows the CDI based on the received signal.
Easy to operate menu system
The FTA-550L comes configured with an easy to operate icon driven menu system. The displays and menu settings are logically configured for a more intuitive user interface.
Huge Dot Matrix LCD display
The FTA-550L features a huge 1.7" x 1.7" full dot matrix LCD display with full backlight and dimmer. The high resolution display makes it easier to view all the great features the FTA-550L has to offer.
200 Channel Memory band
The FTA-550L can store up to 200 Memory channels for quick and easy retrieval. With the capability of using up to 15 Alphanumeric characters per name the FTA-550L allows for a better channel description.
The FTA-550L channel configurations can easily be reprogrammed using the supplied USB programming cable and the optional YCE01 programming software.
- Display: Huge 1.7 x 1.7 inch Full-Dot matrix Display (160x160 pixel)
- Battery capacity: Li-ion 2200 mAh (7.2V)
- Accessory connector: 1-pin Yeasu connector (Y)
- ILS Navigation Display (Localizer): Yes, when the FTA-550L receives an ILS signal the display will automatically switch to the NAV band screen
- VOR Navigation Display: Yes, when the FTA-550L receives an VOR signal the display will automatically switch to the NAV band screen
- NOAA Weather channel receive: Yes
- NOAA Weather Alert: Yes
- Waterproof index: IPx5
- Vox function: Yes, 5 Levels
- Scan function: Yes
- Dual Watch function: Yes
- Frequency step: 8.33 kHz / 25 kHz /
- Channels: 200 channels with 15 character alphanumeric tags
- Operating temperature: -10℃ to +60℃
- Supply voltage: 6.0 to 9.5 Volt
- Current consumption: Power off: 300 μA / Battery save on: 60 mA / Squelch on: 80 mA / Receive: 300 mA / Transmit 1.5 Watt: 0.9 A
- Power output (Watts): Carrier Power: 1.5 Watt / PEP: 5.0 Watt
- Spurious Emission: >70 dB below carrier
- Frequency stability: Better than ±1 ppm (-10℃ to +60℃)
- Modulation system: Low Level Amplitude Modulation
- Internal microphone type: Condensor
- External microphone impedance: 150 Ω
- Sensitivity: Better than 0.8 μV (for 6 dB S/N with 1 kHz, 30 % modulation)
- Audio power output: 0.8 W (16 Ω, THD10%)
- Receiving system: Dual conversion superheterodyne
- Intermediate frequency: VHF: 47.25 MHz / UHF: 46.35 MHz, 450 kHz
- Selectivity: >8 kHz/–6 dB @ 25 kHz channel spacing
- Adjacent channel selectivity: <25 kHz/–60 dB @ 25 kHz channel spacing
- Length: 34 mm
- Height: 133 mm
- Width: 62 mm
- Weight: 410 gram
- Antenna connector: BNC
- Housing: Rugged construction certified to MIL-STD-810F
Inside the box
- Transceiver: Yes
- Battery: Yes, SBR-39LI Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V 2200mAh)
- Charger: Desk charger with AC adapter (SBH-11 - SAD-25C)
- Installation manual: English
- Antenna: Yes, SRA-20A Helical antenna
- Cigarette lighter DC/DC converter: Yes, SDD-12
- Beltclip: Yes, SHB-11
- Headset adapter: Yes, SCU-42
- Alkaline battery tray: Yes, SBT-12
- USB programming cable: Yes, T9101606 (mini USB / USB-A)
- Ferrite Core: Yes, L9190192