mAT-tuner - mAT-180H
Please note that the mAT-CI (Icom) and mAT-CK (Kenwood) control cables are not included and are optional:
- mAT-CK, control cable Kenwood (product code 700723)
- mAT-CI, control cable Icom (product code 700724)
The mAT-180H provides automatic antenna tuning across the entire HF spectrum, 1.6 - 54 MHz, plus 6 meters, at power levels up to 120 watts. It will tune dipoles, verticals, yagis, or virtually any coax-fed antenna. It will match an amazing range of antennas and impedances, far greater than some other tuners you may have considered, including the built-in tuners on many radios.
The mAT-180H is an automatic antenna tuner specially designed for modern Icom and Kenwood HF transceivers. It has two optional control cables to choose from: mAT-CI and mAT-CK. They are suitable for Icom and Kenwood transceivers respectively. With matching control cables, tuners can be used for corresponding transceivers.
For Icom transceivers you need the optional mAT-CI control cable. Icom transceivers that can work with the original AH-3 and AH-4 automatic tuners of Icom can also work with the mAT-180H. Which includes the IC-706, 703, 718, 7000, 7100, 7200, 7300, 7410, 746, 756, 7600 series and other Icom transceivers.
Kenwood transceivers need the optional mAT-CK control cable. Kenwood transceivers that can work with the original AT-250, AT-300 tuners can use the mAT-180H, which includes TRC-80, TK-80, TS-2000, 50, 450, 480SAT (excluding HX version), 570, 590, 850, 870, 990 and so on. The Kenwood TS-430 / TS-440 are too old to use this tuner.
The mAT-180H has 16,000 frequency memories. When tuning on or near a previously tuned frequency, the mAT-180H uses "Memory Tune" to recall the previous tuning parameters in a fraction of a second. If no memorized settings are available, the tuner runs a full tuning cycle, storing the parameters for memory recall on subsequent tuning cycles on that frequency. In this manner, the mAT-180H "learns" as it is used, adapting to the bands and frequencies as it goes.
There are four fine-tuning buttons on the front panel of the mAT-180H, and sometimes you can get a lower SWR with them. It also has a "TUNE" button on the front panel, which can also start tuning.
To facilitate the use of wire antennas, in addition to having two SO-239 standard RF sockets, the rear panel of the mAT-180H has two terminals, one red and one black. Red terminal for connecting the wire antenna, black terminal for connecting the ground wire. The mAT-180H connects to the transceiver via its tuner jack to control the tuning cycle, the transceivers tune button controls the tuner. The tuner jack also powers the tuner, so it requires no external power supply.
Please note: The mAT-180H is rated at 120 Watts maximum power input at most. Many HAM transceivers, and virtually all amplifiers, output well over 120 Watts. Power levels that significantly exceed the given specifications will definitely damage or destroy your mAT-180H. If your tuner fails during overload, it could also damage your transceiver. Be sure to observe the specified power limitations.
- Suitable for Icom: Fully compatible with the original AH-3 and AH-4 automatic tuners of ICOM. Transceivers that can use both ICOM tuners can also use mAT-180H, which includes IC-706, 703, 718, 7000, 7100, 7200, 7300, 7410, 746, 756, 7600 series transceivers.
- Suitable for Kenwood: Fully compatible with KENWOOD original tuners, such as AT-250, AT-300. KENWOOD transceivers that can use mAT-180H are TRC-80, TK-80, TS-2000, 50, 450, 480SAT (excluding HX version), 570, 590, 850, 870, 990, etc. Other types of transceivers can use mAT-180H as long as they support KENWOOD AT-300 tuners. KENWOOD TS-430, TS-440 are too old to use this tuner.
- Frequency memories: 16.000 for instantaneous frequency and band changing
- Tunes: 5 to 1500 Ohm loads.
- Power range: 0.1 to 120 Watts SSB and CW peak power, 30 Watts on PSK and digital modes, 100 Watts on 6 meter band
- Tuning time: 0.1 to 5 seconds full tune, 0.1 seconds memory tune
- Operating Temperature: -10°C to +50°C
- Input connector: UHF (PL) female
- Output connector: UHF (PL) female
- Length: 200 mm
- Height: 40 mm
- Width: 130 mm
- Weight: 800 gram
Inside the box
- Tuner: Yes
- Installation manual: English
- Datasheet: M AT 180 H Operation manual en v3