Yaesu - FT-4XE
The Yaesu FT-4XE is an 2 meter/ 440 MHz HT has three output power levels: 5, 2.5 or 0.5 watts transmitting from 144 to 148 MHz and from 400 to 480 MHz. Receive coverage is 65-108 (FM broadcast band), 136-174 and 400-480 MHz. The FT-4XE is compact and light, yet ruggedly constructed. The speaker provides a full 1 Watt of powerful, clear audio. The supplied 1750 mAh Li-ion battery pack is capable of up to 15 hours operation (TX 5 seconds, RX 5 seconds, Standby 90 seconds). The SBH-22 3.5-hour rapid charger is included. VOX operation is available with the optional SSM-512B earpiece microphone. Other features include: WX Channels with “Severe Weather” Alert, PC Programming (optional cable), Transceiver-to-Transceiver Cloning (optional cable), Keypad Entry, FM Broadcast Receiver, Automatic Range Transponder System (ARTS), CTCSS/DCS Operation, Busy Channel Lockout (BLCO), Automatic Power Off feature and Transmitter Time Out Timer (TOT). Size: 2.1 x 3.5 x 1.2 inches (less knobs and antenna) 8.82 oz.
With 5 Watts of reliable RF output power this radio is sure to be heard. Never miss a call with One watt of Crisp, Clear Audio output from the oversized front panel speaker.
High Capacity Li-Ion Battery
Packaged with a powerful 1750 mAh Li-Ion battery pack, giving the radio over 9 hours of operating time. To ensure minimal down time the FT-4XE also comes packaged with a 3.5-Hour Rapid charger.
Versatile Scanning Capabilities
Programmable VFO Scan scans all channels in the desired frequency range, Memory scan allows scanning of user selectable frequencies, Priority Channel Scan can be used to scan memory channels while making one channel a priority. Weather Alert scan alerts the user when severe weather is approaching.
The FT-4XE is capable of being programmed directly from a PC making all of the advanced setup features a breeze using the optional software and SCU-59 programming cable.
More Advanced Features
Tons of advanced features are loaded into this compact radio including: Transceiver to Transceiver cloning with the optional SCU-36 clone cable, FM Band receiver equipped, ARTS (Automatic Range Transponder System), DTMF operation, CTCSS/DCS operation, TOT (time out timer) and more.
- Display: Yes, LCD display
- VOX function: Yes, The VOX system provides automatic transmit/receive switching based on voice input. With the VOX system enabled, you do not need to press the PTT switch in order to transmit.
- DTMF: Yes
- Battery capacity: Li-ion 1950 mAh (7.4V)
- Accessory connector: 1-pin Yeasu connector (Y)
- Mode of emission: F2A / F2D / F3E
- Waterproof index:
- CTCSS / DCS: Yes
- Voice compander: Yes
- VFO split mode: Yes, Two different frequencies, one for receive and another for transmit, may be operated.
- Scan: Yes
- New PAGER (EPCS): This new feature allows calling specified stations only, by using a pager code that combines two CTCSS tones
- Time-Out Timer (TOT): Yes, Set the transceiver to automatically return to receive mode after transmitting continuously for a certain period of time. The TOT function limits inadvertent transmission of unnecessary signals, and unwanted battery power consumption.
- Busy Channel Lock-Out (BCLO): Yes, The BCLO feature prevents transmitting while a received signal strong enough to open the “noise” squelch is present
- Automatic Power-Off (APO): Yes, This function helps to prevent the battery draining by turning the transceiver OFF automatically if there is no operation for a certain period of time.
- Emergency channel operation: Yes
- Quick Recall Key (QRK): Yes
- Frequency step: 5 kHz / 6.25 kHz / 10 kHz / 12.5 kHz / 15 kHz / 20 kHz / 25 kHz / 50 kHz / 100 kHz /
- Channels: 200 Memory channels / 3 Home channels / 10 sets of PMS memories /
- Wide and narrow bandwidth selection: Yes
- Operating temperature: -20℃ to +60℃
- Frequency stability: ±2.5 PPM
- Repeater shift: 144 MHz / 430 MHz
- Supply voltage: Negative Ground, SBR-25LI: 7.4V DC (Nominal)
- Current consumption: Receive: 190 mA / Output: 200 mA / Standby, Saver off: 95 mA / Standby, Saver on: 23 mA / Auto Power off: 5 mA / 144 MHz, 5 Watt, 7.4V: 1.5 A / 430 MHz, 5 Watt, 7.4V: 1.7 A
- Power output (Watts): 0.5/2.5/5.0 Watts
- Spurious Emission: TX power Low: ≤ 50 dB / TX power Mid, HI: ≤ 60 dB
- Modulation type: F2A / F2D / F3E Variable Reactance Modulation
- Maximum deviation: ±5.0 kHz
- Antenna impedance: 50 Ω
- Microphone impedance: 2k Ω
- Sensitivity 140-150 MHz: 0.2 μV typ for 12 dB SINAD (NFM)
- Sensitivity 420-470 MHz: 0.2 μV typ for 12 dB SINAD (NFM)
- Receiving system: Direct conversion
- Audio power output (Internal speaker): 800 mW (16 Ω, THD10%, 7.4 V)
- Selectivity (-6 dB/-60 dB): NFM / AM: 12 kHz / 35 kHz
- Length: 30 mm
- Height: 90 mm
- Width: 52 mm
- Weight: 250 gram
- Antenna connector: SMA
Inside the box
- Transceiver: Yes
- Battery: Yes, SBR-28LI Li-ion Battery Pack (7.4V 1750mAh)
- Charger: Yes, Rapid Desk charger with AC adapter (SBH-22 - SAD-26C)
- Antenna: Yes
- Installation manual: English
- Belt clip: Yes, SHB-18
- Datasheet: Yaesu FT 4 X Catalog Eng