Yaesu - FT-70DE
The new Yaesu FT-70DE is a compact and very attractively priced YAESU System Fusion transceiver providing both conventional analog FM operation and the advanced C4FM Digital mode. The FT-70DE provides up to 5W of reliable RF power, and its large Front Speaker delivers 700 mW of Loud Audio Output. Because C4FM has better BER (Bit Error Rate) characteristics than other digital modulations, the user can expect exceptional audio quality. The new digital FT-70DE includes our unique Automatic Mode Select (AMS) function. AMS detects the operating mode of the received signal as C4FM digital or analog FM, and then automatically and instantly switches the receiver to the appropriate mode. Users do not need to manually change between modes. The multi-colored LED Mode-Indicator displayed on the front allows the operator to easily see what mode the FT-70DE is in at any given moment. LED Mode-Indicator clearly and visibly shows the transmit/ receive mode by changing its color so that the operating mode of the transceiver is easily recognized at a glance. One of the other distinguishing features of the FT-70DE is Digital Group Monitor (GM) with DG-ID (Digital Group Identification) and DP-ID (Digital Personal Identification) now included in the FT-70DE, to simplify the GM operation. Simply put, the transceivers selecting the same DG-ID or DP-ID can communicate with each other. Between 00 and 99 DG-ID and DP-ID are selectable which provides loads of flexibility so that users can enjoy group communication with friends in GM mode in accordance to their individual operational needs.
Commercial Grade VHF / UHF
The FT-70DR is built to commercial grade standards, including the IP54 rating for dust and water protection, making this radio suitable for operation in the harshest of environments.
Wide band receive coverage
108 MHz - 580 MHz, continuous reception for aircraft bands, public service channels, etc.
Versatile Scanning Capabilities
VFO Scan, scans all channels in the desired frequency range, Memory
scan allows scanning of user selectable frequencies, Priority Channel
Scan can be used to scan memory channels while making one channel a
priority. Weather Alert scan alerts the user when severe weather is approaching.
Automatic Mode Select (AMS)
The Automatic Mode Select function detects the receive signal mode. The transceiver automatically selects one of the four communication modes according to the signal received. This is extremely convenient when listening for communications, as you do not need to be aware of the other party’s communication mode. The transceiver can also be operated in a fixed communication mode.
More Advanced Features
Other advanced features include: External DC Jack for DC Supply Operation and to Charge the Battery, Mini USB port for convenient programming and software updates, CTCSS/ DCS Operation, Automatic Power Off (APO) feature, RF Squelch, Transmitter Time Out Timer (TOT) and Busy Channel Lock-Out (BCLO)
- Display: Yes, LCD display
- Battery capacity: Li-ion 1800 mAh (7.2V)
- Accessory connector: 1-pin Yeasu connector (Y)
- Mode of emission: F1D / F2D / F3E / F7W
- Waterproof index: IP54
- Digital Personal ID (DP-ID): Yes, the radio communicate only by the transceivers registered the individual ID information that is different for each transceiver included in the transmission radio wave of C4FM digital communication.
- Digital Group ID (GD-ID): Yes, the Group Monitor (GM) feature enables automatically locating, and communicating with other stations that have the same DG-ID number within contact range, by utilizing a matching group ID number from 00 to 99.
- Automatic Mode Select (AMS): Yes, the feature automatically selects the analog FM and C4FM digital modes, according to the signal of the other station.
- VFO scan: Yes, VFO scan function scans the frequencies, and detects signals.
- CTCSS / DCS: Yes
- Scan: Yes
- Time-Out Timer (TOT): Yes, Set the transceiver to automatically return to receive mode after transmitting continuously for a certain period of time. The TOT function limits inadvertent transmission of unnecessary signals, and unwanted battery power consumption.
- Busy Channel Lock-Out (BCLO): Yes, The BCLO feature prevents transmitting while a received signal strong enough to open the “noise” squelch is present
- Automatic Power-Off (APO): Yes, This function helps to prevent the battery draining by turning the transceiver OFF automatically if there is no operation for a certain period of time.
- New PAGER (EPCS): Yes, This new feature allows calling specified stations only, by using a pager code that combines two CTCSS tones.
- Tone Squelch: Yes, The tone squelch opens the speaker audio only when a signal containing the specified CTCSS tone is received.
- Frequency step: 5 kHz / 6.25 kHz / 10 kHz / 12.5 kHz / 15 kHz / 20 kHz / 25 kHz / 50 kHz / 100 kHz /
- Wide and narrow bandwidth selection: Yes
- Operating temperature: -20℃ to +60℃
- Frequency stability: ±2.5 PPM
- Supply voltage: Nominal: SBR-24LI: 7.4V DC (Negative ground) / Operating: SBR-24LI: 6.0-14V DC (Battery connect) / Operating: 11-16V DC (EXT DC Jack, Charging) /
- Current consumption: Receive: 180 mA / Standby, Saver off: 120 mA / Standby, Saver on: 70 mA / Auto Power off: 400 uA / 144 MHz, 5 Watt, 7.4V: 1.6 A / 430 MHz, 5 Watt, 7.4V: 1.9 A
- Supply voltage (Nominal): Negative Ground SBR-24LI: 7.4V DC
- Supply voltage (Operating): Negative Ground, Li-ion Battery: 6.0-14V DC / Negative Ground, EXT DC for Charging: 11-16V DC
- Power output (Watts): 0.5/2.5/5.0 Watts
- Spurious Emission: TX power Low≤ 55 dB / TX power Middle, HI: ≤ 60 dB
- Modulation type: F1D / F2D / F3E: Variable Reactance Modulation / F7W: 4FSK (C4FM)
- Maximum deviation: ±5 kHz
- Antenna impedance: 50 Ω
- Microphone impedance: 2k Ω
- Sensitivity 108-137 MHz: 1.5 μV typ for 10 dB SINAD (NFM)
- Sensitivity 137-174 MHz: 0.16 μV typ for 12 dB SINAD (NFM)
- Sensitivity 174-222 MHz: 1.0 μV typ for 12 dB SINAD (NFM)
- Sensitivity 300-350 MHz: 0.5 μV typ for 12 dB SINAD (NFM)
- Sensitivity 350-400 MHz: 0.2 μV typ for 12 dB SINAD (NFM)
- Sensitivity 400-470 MHz: 0.18 μV typ for 12 dB SINAD (NFM)
- Sensitivity 470-580 MHz: 0.35 μV typ for 12 dB SINAD (NFM)
- Digital mode: 0.19 μV typ for BER 1%
- Intermediate frequency 1st: 58.05 MHz
- Intermediate frequency 2nd: 450 kHz
- Receiving system: Double conversion superheterodyne
- Audio power output (Internal speaker): 700 mW (16 Ω, THD10%, 7.4 V)
- Audio power output (Internal speaker): 300 mW (8 Ω, THD10%, 7.4 V)
- Selectivity (-6 dB/-60 dB): NFM / AM: 12 kHz / 35 kHz
- Length: 33 mm
- Height: 98 mm
- Width: 60 mm
- Weight: 255 gram
- Antenna connector: SMA
- Housing: Rugged construction including the IP54 rating for dust and water protection
Inside the box
- Transceiver: Yes
- Battery: Yes, SBR-24LI Li-ion Battery Pack (7.4V 1800mAh)
- Charger: Yes, AC adapter (SAD-25C)
- Antenna: Yes
- Installation manual: English
- Belt clip: Yes, SHB-18
- USB program cable: Yes, mini USB / USB-A
- Datasheet: Yaesu FT 70 DE English web version