Yaesu - FT-65E
The Yaesu FT-65E is a very compact, ruggedly constructed Handheld VHF/UHF with three selectable power settings 5W / 2.5W / 0.5W allowing each user to select the power they need. The big front speaker provides a full 1 watt of crisp, clear audio quality. The unit comes supplied with a 1950 mAh Li-ion battery pack capable of over 9 hours of operation, with an optional higher capacity 2500 mAh Li-ion battery for over 11.5 hours of operating time. A 3.5 hour rapid charger comes standard, making the transceiver ready to operate at any time. Our newly designed large white LED displays are vibrant and highly visible. Four Quick Recall Keys (QRK) are user programmable to instantly recall favorite channels with just the push of a button. VOX operation is available with the optional Earpiece Microphone SSM-512B. Other useful features included: versatile scanning capabilities such as Programmable VFO Scan, Memory Scan, Priority Channel Scan, and Weather Alert Scan, WX Channels with "Severe Weather" Alert, PC Programming, Transceiver-to-Transceiver Cloning, FM Broadcast Receiver, Automatic Range Transponder System (ARTS), CTCSS/ DCS Operation, Busy Channel Lockout (BLCO), Automatic Power Off feature, and Transmitter Time Out Timer (TOT).
Commercial Grade VHF / UHF
The FT-65E is built to commercial grade standards, including the IP54 Rating for Dust and Water protection, and the MIL-810-C,D and E standards making this radio suitable for operation in the harshest of environments.
With 5 Watts of reliable RF output power this radio is sure to be heard. Never miss a call with One watt of Crisp, Clear Audio output from the oversized front panel speaker.
High Capacity Li-Ion battery
Packaged with a powerful 1950 mAh Li-Ion battery pack, giving the radio over 9 hours of operating time, or upgrade to the optional High-Capacity 2500 mAh Li-Ion battery pack for over 11.5 hours of extended operating time. To ensure minimal down time the FT-65E also comes packaged with a 3.5-Hour rapid charger.
QRK (Quick Recall Key)
Four dedicated user programmable keys serve as short cut keys to preferred menu options, or use the four dedicated recall keys to quickly and easily store and recall desired frequencies.
Versatile Scanning Capabilities
Programmable VFO Scan scans all channels in the desired frequency range, Memory scan allows scanning of user selectable frequencies, Priority Channel Scan can be used to scan memory channels while making one channel a priority. Weather Alert scan alerts the user when severe weather is approaching.
The FT-65E is capable of being programmed directly from a PC making all of the advanced setup features a breeze using the optional software and SCU-59 (SCU-35) programming cable.
- VOX function: Yes
- DTMF: Yes
- Flashlight: Yes
- Battery capacity: Li-ion 1950 mAh (7.4V)
- Accessory connector: 1-pin Yeasu connector (Y)
- Mode of emission: F2A / F2D / F3E
- Waterproof index: IP54
- Automatic Range Transponder System (ARTS): Yes, Basic ARTS setup and operation
- CTCSS / DCS: Yes
- Voice compander: Yes
- Flashlight: Yes
- VFO split mode: Yes
- Scan: Yes
- Time-Out Timer (TOT): Yes, Set the transceiver to automatically return to receive mode after transmitting continuously for a certain period of time. The TOT function limits inadvertent transmission of unnecessary signals, and unwanted battery power consumption.
- Busy Channel Lock-Out (BCLO): Yes, The BCLO feature prevents transmitting while a received signal strong enough to open the “noise” squelch is present
- Automatic Power-Off (APO): Yes, This function helps to prevent the battery draining by turning the transceiver OFF automatically if there is no operation for a certain period of time.
- Emergency channel operation: Yes
- Quick Recall Key (QRK): Yes
- Frequency step: 5 kHz / 6.25 kHz / 10 kHz / 12.5 kHz / 15 kHz / 20 kHz / 25 kHz / 50 kHz / 100 kHz /
- Channels: 200 Memory channels / 3 Home channels / 10 sets of band-edge memories / 10 Memory Banks / 10 Weather broadcasts channels
- Wide and narrow bandwidth selection: Yes
- Operating temperature: -20℃ to +60℃
- Frequency stability: ±5.0 PPM
- Repeater shift: 144 MHz: ±600 kHz / 430 MHz: ±1.6, 5.0, 7.6 MHz
- Supply voltage: Negative Ground, SBR-25LI: 7.4V DC (Nominal)
- Current consumption: Receive: 205 mA / Output: 200 mA / Standby, Saver off: 100 mA / Standby, Saver on: 18 mA / Auto Power off: 4 mA / 144 MHz, 5 Watt, 7.4V: 1.5 A / 430 MHz, 5 Watt, 7.4V: 1.7 A
- Power output (Watts): 0.5/2.5/5.0 Watts
- Spurious Emission: TX power Low: ≤ 40 dB / TX power Mid, HI: ≤ 60 dB
- Modulation type: F2A / F2D / F3E Variable Reactance Modulation
- Maximum deviation: ±5.0 kHz
- Antenna impedance: 50 Ω
- Microphone impedance: 2k Ω
- Sensitivity 140-150 MHz: 0.2 μV typ for 12 dB SINAD (NFM)
- Sensitivity 420-470 MHz: 0.2 μV typ for 12 dB SINAD (NFM)
- Receiving system: Direct conversion
- Audio power output (Internal speaker): 800 mW (16 Ω, THD10%, 7.4 V)
- Audio power output (External speaker): 800 mW (16 Ω, THD10%, 7.4 V)
- Selectivity (-6 dB/-60 dB): NFM / AM: 12 kHz / 35 kHz
- Length: 30 mm
- Height: 105 mm
- Width: 52 mm
- Weight: 260 gram
- Antenna connector: SMA
- Housing: Rugged construction certified to MIL-STD-810-C, D
Inside the box
- Transceiver: Yes
- Battery: Yes, SBR-25LI Li-ion Battery Pack (7.4V 1950mAh)
- Charger: Yes, Rapid Desk charger with AC adapter (SBH-22 - SAD-25C)
- Antenna: Yes
- Installation manual: English
- Belt clip: Yes, SHB-18
- Datasheet: Yaesu FT 65 E English web version