Yaesu - FT-991A
The Yaesu FT-991A is the next generation in all mode, all band MF/HF/VHF/UHF transceiver with C4FM (System Fusion) Digital capability. The FT-991A includes multi-mode operation on CW, AM, FM, SSB, and Digital Modes (Packet, PSK31, RTTY and C4FM), with 100 Watts of HF/50mhz Capability (50 Watts VHF/UHF).
The New FT-991A now includes a high-resolution full color 3.5" TFT Touch panel for superior operability and visibility, incorporating a High Speed Spectrum and High Resolution real-time scope with ASC (Automatic Spectrum-scope control) built right in.
The FT-991A is designed for the most competitive operating situations, with a suite of new features to enhance the experience. Whether you primarily operate at home, mobile or in the field, the FT-991 will provide outstanding fundamental performance plus give you easy access to the full range of exciting modes available on the ham bands today.
Real-time Spectrum Scope with Automatic Scope Control (ASC)
The new dynamic real-time spectrum scope gives radio operators the ability to graphically view the location of signals on the band while they listen to the received audio allowing them to quickly move to the desired signal. The strength of signals on the band can readily be seen on the Multi-color waterfall display. Chronological order color differentiation allows operators to easily recognize weak signals at a glance; signals that might otherwise be missed on the spectrum scope.
Advanced Spectrum Scope with ASC (Automatic Spectrum-Scope Control) located just below the LCD display gives the operator all the information for comfortable QSO on the DXing scene.
Multi-color waterfall display
The FT-991A now includes a Real-time Multi-colored waterfall display that enables you to quickly and easily identify and pick out signals without the need to mute the receive audio.
State of the art 32-bit Digital Signal Processing System
Recognizing an all-important Golden Rule Amateur Radio - “You cannot work them if you cannot hear them”– the FT 991 features a rugged state-of-the-art highly balanced receiver circuit configuration. The high-speed floating point TMS320C6746 DSP chip (3000 MIPS / 2250 MFLOPS) from Texas Instruments used in the receiver design guarantees excellent interference rejection with actual signals under real-world conditions, not only on HF but also in the VHF and UHF bands/
3kHz Roofing Filter for enhanced performance
The FT-991A now includes a 3Khz roofing filter for the triple conversion receiver that effective attenuates interfering signals and enables outstanding performance while still producing high quality audio.
3.5 Inch Full Color TFT
The FT-991 could not provide functions easier than at your fingertips with a 3.5" Full Color TFT Display for Superior Operability and Visibility.
The FT-991 can be connected to a computer using a USB cable for CAT control and firmware updates, or the use of an integrated SCU-17 Interface Unit to support USB Audio In/Out, TX Control (PTT, Key, Shift).
100 Watts of Solid Performance
The RF Amplifier in the FT-991 provides a clean and solid 100 Watts of Operating Power (50 Watts VHF/UHF) and is combined with a large heat-sink and forced air automatic cooling fan to increase operating time and prevent overheating.
Compact, Lightweight & Portable
The FT-991 Comes in a compact, lightweight package suitable for portable, mobile and base installations. Measuring 8.8"(W) x 3" (H) x 9.9" (L) at just 9.7 pounds this robust full featured mobile/portable radio is ready to go when and where you are!
Internal Automatic Antenna Tuner
Internal High Speed Automatic Antenna Tuner included in the package. The antenna tuner uses a LC switching network that has a large capacity 100 channel memory. The tuning data is automatically memorized to reduce tuning time when changing frequency.
High Accuracy TCXO
±0.5 PPM High Resolution DDS/PLL local Oscillator included as part of the standard package.
- Display: 3.5 inch Full-Color TFT Display with Touch-Panel
- Bandwidth: SSB: 3 kHz / CW: 500 Hz / AM: 6 kHz / FM,C4FM: 16 kHz
- VOX function: Yes
- Mode of emission: A1A (CW) / A3E (AM) / J3E (SSB) / F2D (FM) / F3E (FM)
- Quick Memory Bank (QMB): Yes, The current operation status can be stored in a dedicated memory channel (QMB: Quick Memory Bank) with one touch
- Automatic Mode Select (AMS): The transceiver has the AMS (Automatic Mode Select) function which enables the transceiver to automatically select the most appropriate option out of the three communication modes according to the received signal while operating in C4FM mode.
- Scope: The Scope function provides a real time spectrum display of the band conditions.
- Intercept Point Optimization (IPO): Yes, The IPO function can establish the gain of the RF amplifier section to accommodate the connected antenna and the received signal conditions
- IF Noise Blanker (NB): Yes, The FT-991A includes an effective IF Noise Blanker, which can significantly reduce noise caused by automotive ignition systems
- IF SHIFT Operation (SSB/CW/RTTY/DATA Modes): IF SHIFT permits moving the DSP filter passband higher or lower, without changing the pitch of the incoming signal, and thus reduces or eliminates interference.
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC): Yes, The AGC system is designed to help compensate for fading and other propagation effect
- Digital NOTCH Filter (DNF): Yes, The Digital NOTCH Filter (DNF) is an effective beat-canceling filter that can null out a number of interfering beat notes inside the receiver passband
- IF NOTCH Filter (NOTCH): Yes, The IF NOTCH filter is a highly effective system that allows you to slice out an interfering beat note or other carrier signal from inside the receiver passband
- AF / RF gain / Squelch: Yes
- Automatic Antenna Tuner (ATU): Yes, The Automatic Antenna Tuner is built into each FT-991A. The ATU is designed to ensure that a 50 Ω antenna impedance load is presented to the final amplifier stage of transmitter
- Parametric Microphone Equalizer: Yes, The FT-991A includes a unique Three-Band Parametric Microphone Equalizer that provides precise, independent control over the low, mid and treble ranges in the voice waveform.
- Time-Out Timer (TOT): Yes, The “Time-Out Timer” (TOT) shuts the transmitter OFF after continuously transmitting for the programmed time
- Band Stack: Yes, The Yaesu FT-991A utilizes a triple band-stack VFO selection technique that permits storing of up to three favorite frequencies and modes onto each band VFO register.
- External phone jack: Connect headphones to this standard φ3.5 stereo jack
- External KEY jack: Yes
- External speaker socket: Yes
- External REM/ALC socket: Yes
- External GPS/CAT socket: Yes
- External TUN/LIN socket: Yes
- External RTTY/DATA jack: Yes
- External GND socket: Yes
- External USB jack: Yes
- Wide and narrow bandwidth selection: Yes
- Operating temperature: -10℃ to +50℃
- Frequency step SSB/CW/AM: 5 Hz / 10 Hz
- Frequency step FM/C4FM: 100 Hz
- Frequency stability: ±0.5 PPM
- Operating voltage: 13.8 Volt ± 15% (Negative Ground)
- Current consumption: RX (no signal): 1.8 A / RX (signal present): 2.2 A / TX HF/50 MHz (100W): 23 A / TX 144/430 MHz (50W): 15 A
- Power output (Watts): SSB, CW, FM: 5-100 Watts / AM: 5-25 Watts
- Modulation type: J3E / A3E / F3E / F7W
- Maximum deviation: Wide:±5.0 kHz / Narrow: ±2.5 kHz
- Harmonic Radiation 1.8 - 30 MHz: Better than -50 dB
- Harmonic Radiation Amateur bands above 30 MHz: Better than -63 dB
- Harmonic Radiation 50 - 54 MHz: Better than -63 dB
- Harmonic Radiation 144/430 MHz: Better than -60 dB
- Antenna impedance: 50 Ω (unbalanced)
- Microphone impedance: 600 Ω (200 - 10k Ω)
- SSB Carrier Suppresion: At least 50 dB below peak output
- Undesired Sideband Suppression: At least 50 dB below peak output
- Audio response SSB: Not more than -6 dB from 300 - 2700 Hz
- Sensitivity 1.8-30 MHz SSB/CW: 0.158 μV typ for 10 dB SINAD (AMP2 “ON”) (2.4 kHz)
- Sensitivity 50-54 MHz SSB/CW: 0.125 μV typ for 10 dB SINAD (AMP2 “ON”) (2.4 kHz)
- Sensitivity 144-148 MHz SSB/CW: 0.11 μV typ for 10 dB SINAD (2.4 kHz)
- Sensitivity 430-450 MHz SSB/CW: 0.11 μV typ for 10 dB SINAD (2.4 kHz)
- Sensitivity 0.5-1.8 MHz AM: 5 μV typ for 10 dB SINAD (AMP2 “ON”) (30% modulation, 6.0 kHz / @ 400Hz)
- Sensitivity 1.8-30 MHz AM: 1.6 μV typ for 10 dB SINAD (AMP2 “ON”) (30% modulation, 6.0 kHz / @ 400Hz)
- Sensitivity 50-54 MHz AM: 1.25 μV typ for 10 dB SINAD (AMP2 “ON”) (30% modulation, 6.0 kHz / @ 400Hz)
- Sensitivity 1.8-30 MHz FM: 0.35 μV typ for 12 dB SINAD (AMP2 “ON”) (15 kHz)
- Sensitivity 50-54 MHz FM: 0.35 μV typ for 12 dB SINAD (AMP2 “ON”) (15 kHz)
- Sensitivity 144-148 MHz FM: 0.18 μV typ for 12 dB SINAD (15 kHz)
- Sensitivity 430-450 MHz FM: 0.18 μV typ for 12 dB SINAD (15 kHz)
- Intermediate frequency 1st: SSB,CW,AM,FM: 69.450 MHz
- Intermediate frequency 2nd: SSB,CW,AM: 9.000 MHz / FM,C4FM: 450 kHz
- Intermediate frequency 3rd: SSB,CW,AM: 24 kHz
- Selectivity (-6 dB/-60 dB) CW: 0.5 kHz or better / 0.75 kHz or less
- Selectivity (-6 dB/-60 dB) SSB: 2.4 kHz or better / 3.6 kHz or less
- Selectivity (-6 dB/-60 dB) AM: 6.0 kHz or better / 15 kHz or less
- Selectivity (-6 dB/-60 dB) FM: 12 kHz or better / 30 kHz or less (-50 dB)
- Receiving system SSB/CW/AM: Triple conversion superheterodyne
- Receiving system FM/C4FM: Dual conversion superheterodyne
- Strength of secondary radio waves: ≤4 nW
- Audio power output: 2.5W (THD10%, 13.8 V)
- Audio output impedance: 4 - 8 Ω (Nominal: 4 Ω)
- Image rejection 1.8-30/50-54 MHz: 70 dB or better
- Image rejection 144/430 MHz: 60 dB or better
- Length: 253 mm
- Height: 80 mm
- Width: 229 mm
- Weight: 4300 gram
- Antenna connector: UHF (PL) female (SO-239)
- Microphone connector: RJ45
Inside the box
- Transceiver: Yes
- DC power cable: Yes
- Installation manual: English
- Microphone: Yes, MH-31A8J Microphone
- Fuse: Yes, Spare fuse (25 A)
- Datasheet: Yaesu FT 991 A English web version